Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pretzel Station

It might have a little bit to do with my past experience in catering but my favorite part of a wedding is ALWAYS the food.  How I see it, a wedding can be absolutely exquisite but if the food is blah or just flat out bad that will be the only thing guests take away from the evening.  On the other hand, if the food is out-of-this-world and they can experience items differently, either by presentation or taste, I can promise they will be raving about your big day for years to come.

I always love dreaming up menus that put a fun twist on an old favorite, so recently when I was snacking on a soft pretzel at a USC baseball game, it hit me...I love pretzels (of all shapes, sizes and flavors!) and I'd die for a late night pretzel station.  This is what I'm thinking...

Images via Dine and Dish and Picky Cook

Pretzel bites or miniature pretzels served warm in a variety of flavors like: original (all nice and buttered up!) cinnamon sugar, garlic or even stuffed like a little pizza with pepperoni and mozzarella.  For sauces: mustard, marinara, cheese and chocolate.  Present them in cute baskets (below) and have cups or pretzel bags available (that you can coordinate with your wedding colors) to allow guests to move freely around while snackin' and dippin'!

     


Most importantly, don't forget include some chocolate covered pretzels!



1 comment:

  1. Tell me there was nacho cheese dipping sauce. Yum!! Super pretzel bites - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete