Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jennifer + Sean {Nashville Wedding}


With the help of some of Nashville's most sought-after wedding vendors, Jennifer + Sean tied the knot this past Fall. The couple hosted fifty of their closest friends and family at one of Nashville's premier wedding venues, CJ's Off The SquareEvin Photography was on hand to capture Jennifer's simple, yet modern wedding with the perfect jewel-toned color palette that was executed by CJ's on-site wedding planner, Amy Parman.   The bride looked stunning in her Casablanca gown from The White Room that was accessorized with a fabulous pair of pink heels.  The maids sported blue, knee-length Alfred Sung dresses from Arzelles that were paired with vibrant bouquets from the Carriage House.  The entire bridal party looked flawless thanks to talents of Amy Lynn Larwig (makeup) and Melissa Taylor (hair).  


Tell us a little bit about how you met your husband.  How long have you known each other? Where did you meet?
I met my husband at Kroger where I began working in 2005 . He was assigned to train me (set up by him and his manager) and we have been together ever since. It was our six and a half anniversary we when got married on October 9th.

How did he propose?  How long were you engaged for? 
In the summer of 2010, he took an internship in California for two months. He drove his car out there and I was flying out there to make to trip back to Tennessee with him. When I arrived in California, we had an entire day planned of sites to see since I had never been there.  We had been talking a lot about getting married and I even picked out my perfect engagement ring before he had left. I was REALLY hoping that he would propose to me at some point during our trip back home. We went to all the places we had planned to see and he said he wanted to take me to Venice beach. We got there and were walking along the beach when he stopped and gave me the longest hug ever. He then got on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was the PERFECT place to get engaged!


Jennifer's favorite image of the day...


Your wedding was filled with gorgeous details.  Did any have special meaning? What was your favorite?
I cannot say that there is one specific thing from my wedding that was perfect. I know that everyone says this, but I truly feel that every part of our wedding was perfect!


How did you choose your venue?
We wanted a small wedding with close family and friends. We knew that we wanted a venue that had a very intimate atmosphere and CJ's Off the Square in downtown was perfect! I also liked that at CJ's the ceremony and reception were at the same venue.


Color palette:  We chose a palette of jewel toned colors. There was blue, purple, and pink incorporated throughout the ceremony and reception site. We also used charcoal gray table clothes with white chairs and linens so that the rich colors in the table arrangements would stand out. We wanted a modern and simple atmosphere.


Tell us a little bit about your menu...

We wanted a menu that everyone could enjoy, so we chose to have eight heavy hors d'oeuvres.  I was afraid that if we went with a sit down dinner with only two options that some people would not like the food we had chosen.  Some hors d'oeuvres that we had were: spinach and artichoke dip, twice baked potatoes, meatballs, praline chicken tenders and fruit skewers.  Everyone seemed to love it and I think it was a good choice.

 
Out of the entire day, what was the most memorable moment?
A special moment for me was seeing my grandfather at my wedding.  I honestly thought that his medical diagnosis would take him away before our October 9th nuptials.  It made me EXTREMELY happy to see him sitting there when I came down the stairs.  I was so thankful that he was physically able to be a part of our day!  I experienced a lot of memorable moments throughout our wedding.  I was excited to be marrying my best friend and the person that I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with!!


Looking back on your engagement and wedding, is there any advice you would give to brides in the planning process?

I would say ENJOY your engagement!  The wedding day goes by EXTREMELY fast and I feel like I let the stress of planning a wedding interfere with enjoying our engagement time.  I also would suggest to choose a photographer that you want to be around you for your entire wedding day.  Our photographer, Evin Krehbiel, was AMAZING!


Vendors
Photographer: Evin Photography  /  Ceremony and Reception Venue: CJs off the Square  /  Designer/Planner: Amy Parman  /  Caterer: A Catered Affair  /  Lighting:  Nashville Event Lighting  /  Cake: Jessica Dean  /  Flowers: The Carriage House  /  Gown: Casablanca. from The White Room  /  Bridesmaids Dresses: Alfred Sung. from Arzelles  /   Hair: Melissa Taylor  /  Makeup: Amy Lynn Larwig  /  Entertainment: Jason Middleton  /   Transportation: My dad's 1969 Camaro


3 comments:

  1. I really liked the color palette. Cute couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truly a pleasure to work with Jennifer and Sean! Thanks so much for featuring this lovely couple from CJ's Off the Square.

    ReplyDelete